How could the NYCIP possibly make a perfect Book Fair weekend even better? All exhibiting publishers are invited to take part in the Inaugural NYCIP Mini-Rights Fair!
**WHEN: Friday, November 30th, 1 – 6pm
**WHERE: NYCIP, 20 West 44th St., New York City
**RSVP TO: email@example.com
Sub-rights and foreign rights are an extremely lucrative additional revenue stream for independent publishers. At our first Mini-Rights Fair on the afternoon of Friday, November 30th, we hope to assist you by supplying essential information on how to increase your rights sales, as well as providing a collegial atmosphere to network with some of the movers and shakers in the sub-rights and foreign rights industries. Questions addressed will include:
- What are the different types of subsidiary rights?
- How can I increase sales to these markets?
- What are the best international markets for my books?
- Should I be attending international rights fairs?
- How does licensing actually work?
- Should I be granting electronic rights to my books?
Pat Schroeder, President of AAP will also be giving a keynote address to conclude the afternoon’s program and kick off the Pre-Book Fair Cocktail Reception. Participation is currently limited to Book Fair exhibitors and is FREE. See below for program details.
- [1:00 – 1:45pm] Publishers set up a selection of books in the Library and Balcony exhibition spaces
- [1:45pm] Brief Remarks on Copyright from Christopher Kenneally of the Copyright Clearance Center
- [2:00 – 3:30pm] How to Get the Most out of Your Foreign and Sub-Rights Sales: A panel with some of the country’s leading rights agents
- [3:30 – 4:30pm] Network with Foreign Rights and Sub-Rights Agents
- [4:30 – 4:45pm] Keynote: Pat Schroeder, President of the American Association of Publishers (AAP), and former Congresswoman
- [4:45 – 6:00pm] Pre-Book Fair Cocktail Reception (Booksellers, Librarians and Industry Professionals will also be invited)
We hope that you will join us for this exciting landmark event! The Mini-Rights Fair precedes the 20th Anniversary Independent & Small Press Book Fair, held on December 1st and 2nd (for more info on how to reserve your space for the Book Fair, go to www.nycip.org).
The Mini-Rights Fair will take place on the ground floor Library and the Balcony of the NYCIP in the General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen landmark building at 20 West 44th Street (bet. 5th and 6th Aves) in midtown Manhattan.
**Feel free to leave us a comment or a question on this post!**
Leave a comment
No comments yet.